Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm still pregnant!

Unfortunately Kaden didn't grace us with his presence yesterday which means that Dad's prediction in the baby pool has come and gone. Maybe Uncle David or Aunt Colleen (Sept. 1 or 3) will be closer?

I was looking at the Sunday ads with my mom yesterday. The furniture we bought for Kaden's room went on sale and I was able to get a price adjustment on it. Yay for saving money! Also with the price adjustment and the sale price, we were able to purchase a matching nightstand for under $10. Wahoo.

Mom and I have also been working all weekend on baby stuff. I found patterns online for crib sheets, hats and burp cloths. We found some cute jungle fabric a few months back that I couldn't live without. This was also back when I thought we were going to do space themed nursery and thought that it was OK to have a sheet with animals on it. I never thought we'd end up with a jungle themed nursery. We went "shopping" in mom's fabric stash to look for cute baby/kid fabric too. It was fun going through all the fabric and running across an older piece of fabric that she's had from my childhood.

I have a ton of bibs, but not a whole bunch of burp cloths and figured that it couldn't hurt to make a few. The pattern I found online is actually larger than the few burp cloths that I purchased. It looks like a big bone when you unfold the cloths. Anyway, mom and I had fun making them - they were so easy! I think I ended up with over a dozen. We even picked out a few special ones for Ryan including a Halloween print with faces that glow in the dark. As mom said, even if they don't work, we had fun making them.

4 comments:

Devion said...

"As mom said, even if they don't work, we had fun making them."

And more importantly, that your mom was able to have fun making them with you!

Mom said...

If they don't work...we can cut them up again and make a crazy quilt! hahaha ;0)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the post: "I'm not pregnant anymore!" Hope it comes sooner than later. Sending prayers of an uneventful calm rest of the week and a smooth delivery of this special cargo! Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

We are looking at a house at 29th and Maize right now. I REALLY want it, but am so afraid it's going to be gone. *sigh* Oh, well. Otherwise, we've looked over at 39th and Ridge, in Maize, and all around, really! :)