Saturday, September 6, 2008

38 weeks and Karma

I hit 38 weeks today or 9 1/2 months. My doctor's appointment went smoothly yesterday. Weight gain and size are both on track. The doctor estimates that Kaden will arrive on or after his due date (September 20th) and will weigh about 8 pounds. I'm still hoping that he'll show up early, but I can take comfort in the fact that he'll at least get here sometime.

I did have a few contractions today. They were only about one an hour and during the entire time I was sleeping! It feels like it's getting closer every day. We installed the carseat in Ryan's blazer this week. It's all set to go and seems a little strange that within three weeks our little bundle of joy will be riding around with us.

Earlier this week I couldn't get the songs from Annie out of my head. Complete with singing them in the shower (thank goodness it was one of the days that Ryan wasn't home from work yet). Imagine my surprise when I turn on the TV and see that Annie is on the Hallmark channel! Yay for Karma!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will hope that baby comes before the 20th and not on my b-day the 26th! Praying for the best! "The sun will come out tomorrow!"

Lori said...

I remember watching that show together as kids:

"You're never fully dressed
Without a smile!
Who cares what they're wearing
On Main Street,
Or Saville Row,
It's what you wear from ear to ear
And not from head to toe
(That matters)"

Anonymous said...

Any news? Guess you missed hitting my birthday! BUMMER!

We'll be praying for a safe delivery WHENEVER Kaden decides to come! :) Lori--you be sure and post ASAP! :)