Sunday, March 23, 2008

Week 14

I found this really cool sight online that shows how big baby is by fruit. Each week is a different fruit except towards the end where each month is a fruit.  Of course it would have to end with a watermellon!  We'll see how long I can keep it up - it's kind of cool to see the progression.

Week 14: Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth. Average size: 3.4 inches, 1.5 ounces.

Morning sickness has decreased but is not fully gone.  I still haven't gained any weight (not that I'm complaining) so I'm hoping that the recoup time after I have my baby will be easy.  I felt the baby move again on Saturday.  It's just a surreal feeling that there's something inside me moving.  Bed time is still around 9:30 or 10 but I've been staying up later and paying for it the next day.  I'm starting to feel like I have more energy, so maybe I'll start going back to the gym and do some walking.

In other news, Ryan finally got home from his out of town training at 12:30 am Friday night/Saturday morning.  He'll be working on grouting and sealing the tile in the master bathroom this week.  I have a good feeling that all our little projects (finish basement, carpet up and downstairs, paint/repaint rooms) will be done by June.  Here's to wishful thinking.

No comments: