Tuesday, March 4, 2008

2nd doctor's appointment

I had my second doctor's appointment today.  I figured that this would be a safe time for Ryan to start missing my appointments - wrong!  I got another sonogram.  Yay!  My little one is growing right on schedule.  We don't know what it is yet, but I've been calling it he - it just sounds so much better than calling a baby "it."  With that said, his heart rate went from 131 at the first appointment to 171 at this appointment.  I'll never get tired of seeing that little heart beat.  On the sonogram picture (which I promise to post as soon as I scan it in) you can see a distinct profile - head, eye sockets, nose, ear, arms and legs.  The doctor also told me that I may start feeling flutters within the next month or so.  I'm so excited for that.  

At my next appointment, April 1st, I'll be able to schedule my gender sonogram.  That will happen between 16 or 18 to 22 weeks, which puts us at sometime in April or May.  If I can time it right, I might try to do it on our anniversary - May 2.  Ryan has drill that weekend so that means that he'll have Friday night off from work.

I didn't post anything for my 11 week update since not a lot has changed.  I ended up loosing 4 pounds since I've been avoiding most fast food and other greasy foods and chowing down on fresh fruits and some veggies.  Chocolate is good, but lately nothing beats a grapefruit, watermelon or cantaloupe.  I've been sleeping more on my side and less on my back which is good practice for later on.  I still have a bit of morning sickness which Ryan is getting used to the wonderful sounds I make.  He has noticed that my new favorite foods have been doing wonders for me.  He told me yesterday that he can tell I've lost weight in my butt, thighs and hips.  Big yay for that.  The doctor told me that I can expect little to no weight gain within the next few weeks or month or so and then it should start picking up again.

Ryan has started a side project to the basement.  He's tiling our guest/hallway bathroom.  We love the design we picked out, but it means that every tile had to be cut.  He made the last cut yesterday!  Pending a nap or two tomorrow (he'll have just finished a 10 hour shift at 7 am) he said he'd start putting down the stuff to secure the tile to the floor.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

awwww! I love this update! Thanks for sharing and for the sonogram pictures. I love how your little baby (I think it's a girl!) looks like a baby now!