Friday, March 27, 2009

Snow Day (Well, 1/2 day)

Today was one of the many days that I'm glad that I work in higher education. Whenever the school closes classes, I get a snow day too. The "big blizzard" that was supposed to hit today hasn't really come in yet. We did get a few inches of slushy stuff that looks like snow cone material which did make the drive home at noon today a bit tricky. I wasn't able to go over 30 miles per hour. Since Ryan has Fridays off now we were able to spend the afternoon together which is an added benefit.

In Kaden news, he'll be turning 6 months on April 1st. He's starting to roll over more now and can roll front-to-back and back-to-front. He also seems to like doing 90 degree rolls which is so cute. (Think his head is pointing at 12 o'clock and he turns so his head is at 9 or 3 o'clock.)

Monday night my sister Lori came over to watch Twilight. She was playing with Kaden while I made popcorn. I'm not sure who came up with the song - Lori or our younger sister Amanda - but she started singing "You barfed on Auntie Lo-Lo" after she jiggled him a little too much. He's been a little puky this week including two nights where he puked down my shirt and into my bra. That's a trick that I'll never get used to. I went through three shirts one night this week. There's always more laundry to do when you have a baby.