Saturday, March 21, 2009

I love being a home owner.

First, the highlight of my day was picking up a copy of Twilight on DVD at Target. It was just released today and on sale. My sister Lori and I have planned a movie night on Monday to watch it. Yay!

I come home after visiting at my parents house and put Kaden down in his bed. I put away some groceries and grab the laundry to drag downstairs. I hear a motorized purr coming from the basement and instantly recognize it as our sump pump. We just turned on our sprinklers today so I think it's no big deal and nothing to worry about. I pull the plastic cover off the hole and sure enough it's chugging away. Then my attention turns to the wonderful stream of water that's trickling from the water heater. You know when you put a cup of ice water down on a surface and look at it a bit later and there's a ring of condensation around the bottom? That's what our water heater looks like. How super. Now instead of going shopping for fun stuff, like a new tree for the front yard we get to go look at water heaters. I have my fingers crossed that Lowe's or Home Depot will have a sale tomorrow.

No comments: