Monday, December 1, 2008

2 Months Old!

My little baby is two months old today. Today also marked my full time return to the work force. Since I am now working full time, Kaden has to go to the babysitter twice a week. It was so hard dropping him off this morning. I almost cried - I had the wavering chin and the whimper going as I walked back to my car and told myself to be strong. I did text Ryan an unhappy face :( and he just reassured me that we (Kaden and I) would be fine.

I had an epiphany about three weeks after Kaden was born. When I was pregnant with him, that was the safest he would ever be. I could protect him from everything. Today was just another day that I had to trust someone else to take care of my baby. Even though I'm still a new parent, each day I start to further appreciate all the emotions that my parents have gone through taking care of me and my siblings. I never truly understood the depth of just how much my parents loved me until I became a parent myself.

1 comment:

Devion said...

Hi, Jen. Can you believe I'm still alive?!? I'm sorry I haven't commented in a long time. I have been keeping up with your blog, but just not commenting. Glad things are going well for you and baby. Let's get together some time soon!