Sunday, November 9, 2008

Family Vacation

Last week Ryan, Kaden and I took our first family vacation to Arkansas to visit my sister Amanda and her husband Kurtis and then to visit my aunt Colleen and uncle Dave. Kaden travelled very well and slept most of the way, only waking up to need a bottle.

Amanda was very excited to see her nephew for the first time. We spent the evening together and even went out to dinner. The following day we went exploring while Amanda and Kurtis worked. We went to the Walmart museum (which was actually pretty cool), the Dixie Air Gun Museum and the Pea Ridge Military National Military Park. Amanda was more than happy to feed Kaden while we were there. We'll work up to doing a solo diaper change on her next visit. :)

The third day of our vacation we drove up to Bull Shoals. This was also Ryan's first trip to see Dave and Colleen's resort and guest house. He was quite the shutterbug and took tons of pictures. I'll post some here soon. Colleen was generous enough to watch Kaden while Dave took Ryan and I on a tour of the lake. I think it's safe to say that Ryan is in love with Bull Shoals and is already looking forward to his next trip out there. Tim and Brad also joined us at Dave and Colleen's; they came down to work on Brad's house. It was great to see them again and they taught Ryan and me how to play the card game Hearts. I'm looking forward to a rematch and will be practicing!

1 comment:

Devion said...

I'm so glad to hear that all is well with the Snyders! Can't wait to meet the little one!