Monday, August 11, 2008

40 Days and Counting!

There's only 40 days left! It really hasn't hit me yet that I'll be a mommy next month but it does feel like my pregnancy is coming to an end. I've loosely packed Kaden's diaper bag. I still need to wash the three outfits I've picked out, but at least I have them in the bag with diapers, wipes and burp clothes. Saturday was Amanda's wedding - which went off without a hitch. Check out Lori's blog for a play-by-play rundown. It also marked 34 weeks or 8.5 months. Time for another fruit!

Month 8: Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.


It did feel like Kaden dropped a bit on August 1st (at Ryan's high school reunion). Compared to a few days ago, I can tell there's a bit more breathing room. I personally think that the picture just makes me look huge and I feel much smaller (and am carrying lower) in person. I've had a contraction or two over the past week, but nothing to complain about just yet.

My next appointment is Friday - which is also Ryan's 29th birthday. He has to work, so I schedule a late afternoon appointment so we can at least squeeze in a birthday dinner and maybe ice cream from his favorite bakery Cameo Cakes (vanilla flavored cake of course!).

I'm going to drag my tired body to bed now. I can't believe there was actually a time when I could stand staying up late and getting up early. I guess I need to get all the sleep I can get while I can!

2 comments:

Devion said...

You look FABULOUS! Hang in there, my friend!

Jen and Ryan said...

What I find amazing is that the pictures make me look huge but I still have a waist! People who look at me from behind can't tell I'm pregnant.