Thursday, February 21, 2008

Why I hate technology

For the past 5 or so years I have received awesome service from my cell phone provider (who shall remain nameless in case they are spying on me).  I've never had anything to complain about until today.  Over the past 24 hours I have received mysterious text messages from Yahoo about mortgage foreclosures.  The odd thing about this is that I don't recall signing up for these alerts and Yahoo doesn't have any record of me signing up for these either.

Normally I don't mind the random one or two unwanted text messages.  I have received no less than 6 within the last 24 hours.  The most irritating ones occurred at 10 PM, 2 AM and 6 AM.  I admit that I do text quite a bit (several hundred messages a month), but this just ticks me off!  I'm just glad that I didn't have my phone in my bedroom last night or it would have woken me and Ryan from our sleep.  

To make matters worse (or at least a little more irritating), the afore mentioned cell phone provider is "upgrading my account" for a 72 hour time period (going on 96 by my count) and can't make any changes to my account.  I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait it out.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I have been getting those too, also random messages from strange numbers that say "Who is this?" I ignore all of them but if this text spam keeps going I will shut the whole service off! Argh!!