Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A little slice of Heaven

I had two good things happen already this morning:

1. Our ice maker has been temperamental for the past month or two (maybe 3).  Translation: we've been without ice for that long.  I was afraid that we'd have to have someone come out and look at it and possible replace it.  I had a eureka moment last night and pushed the on switch a couple of times.  The switch, for whatever reason, doesn't feel like it sticks in the on position, but I figured it was worth a shot.  This morning when I was in the kitchen and I heard the wonderful noise of ice being dumped into the ice bin and water refilling the trays.  Of course that made me want a glass of ice water!  It's so refreshing to be thankful for something as small as ice.

2. After the above happen, I had to share my ice water with Ryan.  He was sleeping but obliged me in sitting up and taking a few sips.  (He was almost as excited as I was about the ice maker working again. )  He laid back down in bed and I gave him a hug.  I got the second slice of Heaven in the following conversation:

Me: Do you know how much I love you?
Ryan: Yes. (light chuckle)
Me: Well, I just want to make sure you know!
Ryan: The feeling is mutual.

1 comment:

BEK said...

AHH- Don't you just love those special moments!