Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mom Update #1

It's been a very rough week for my family. Thursday afternoon I got a frantic call from my dad asking me to send Ryan over to check on mom. Ryan and his dad, Brent, ran over to her house to find her not able to breathe very well. She was having problems getting enough CO2 out (as opposed to getting enough air in). They ended up calling an ambulance, which transported mom to Wesley ER.

She's been intubated in ICU since she arrived Thursday afternoon and has been feed by a tube since Friday. She isn't making very much good progress. Today (and part of last night) she kept fighting the tube, so the doctors switched her medication and had to put her in restraints. They are talking about possibly putting a trache in her throat so they can take the tube down her throat out but we haven't been given a time frame.

I'll try to post more once we have something more to update.

2 comments:

evan, yo! said...

We're thinking about and praying for your whole family!

Devion said...

So sorry to hear this, Jen. I will be praying for you all!