Sunday, May 18, 2008

5 1/2 months!

WSU Graduation is over! Thank goodness. Saturday also marked my 22nd week or 5 1/2 months of pregnancy. It's so weird to think that there's only 4 months left until we get to meet and hold baby Kaden.

This month's fruit is a papaya. Month 5: Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop. Average size: 10.5 to 11.8 in, 12.7 to 20.8 oz.

He's been kicking quite a bit for the past few weeks. This morning I slept in to catch up on sleep and when I was thinking about getting up, I felt him move on both sides of my belly. It was so weird!

Home improvements: The bathroom floor down stairs is about 50% done. We're getting closer to moving the office downstairs which Ryan and I are both looking forward to. There's also supposed to be a Lowe's that's going to be built by Fall 2008 just around the corner from our house at 29th and Maize. It may not help with finishing the basement, but it will help with the deck and shed we'd like to put in the back yard sometime next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dev told me you had a blog! It is so good to "hear" from you. I read some of your postings-wow marriage and a baby on the way! Go you!