Saturday, April 12, 2008

Week 17

Week 17: Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints. Average size: 5.1 in, 5.9 oz

Nothing much new and exciting happening. Still no weight gain (which I can bet I'll get a conversation about that at the next doctor's visit if that keeps up). I've felt the baby move a few more times. It still doesn't seem real yet that I have an actual person growing inside of me. I'm sure it won't hit me until he or she is born.

We've had a guy muding our basement over the past few days and is almost done. Just one step closer to finishing the basement! It'll be nice when we have more usable room down there.

No comments: