Sunday, April 13, 2008

New Camera!

Ryan and I bought a new camera recently. Our old camera, a Canon Powershot, decided to call it quits after a good 5+ year run. Ryan had that camera before we met and we took it on all our vacations including Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Mexico, St. Lucia and Martinique.

Our new camera, another Canon PowerShot (SD750), is quite the upgrade - slimmer, sleaker, not to mention 7.1 mega pixels instead of 5.1. This camera was recommended by my friend Jen - it's the same one she has and has worked very well for pics and videos of her family. I highly recommend this camera and CNET ranks this camera as one of the top 5 digital cameras available right now.

I was reading the user manuals this weekend and found a really cool feature. You can use the camera to select a color and it will highlight that color and make everything else black and white. Here's my mom modeling this feature:


And here's another one using green instead of red:


It's turning out to be a very awesome camera and I'm excited to keep using it!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

WOW~~ I had read about that feature but never tried it! That will be fun to try out!

Jen and Ryan said...

It's sooo easy to use and takes about 2 seconds to learn! I'll have to show you some time.