Thursday, July 24, 2008

Books for Kaden

Today Ryan and I ran quite a few errands.   One of our stops was TJ Maxx.  It's one of Ryan's favorite places to go and see what odds and ends can be found to decorate our house.  He surprised me when he steered toward the baby section and looked at the toys and books there.  

Ryan couldn't resist picking up a few books for Kaden.  Wacky Wednesday by Dr. Seuss was the first one he decided Kaden needed.  As it turns out, this book was a grade school favorite for both of us.  Ryan said you practically had to be on a waiting list to check this book out.

Another book that we picked up is The Giving Tree.  I can remember this book from when I was younger too.  We picked up a 35th Anniversary Edition book that has a cloth cover and sleeve.  I can't wait to read this to Kaden!

We are also a step closer to having a completely recarpeted house!  Our floor guy is coming over today after work (5 or 6-ish) to lay the padding and carpet in Kaden and our bedrooms.  I'm not quite sure how long it will take or if he'll just lay the padding down tonight.  That may mean that Ryan and I will be spending the night on the pull out couch downstairs in the office.  (Right next to the bathroom that doesn't have the plumbing hooked up.)  It may be an interesting weekend.

No comments: