Thursday, September 23, 2010

Did that just come out of my mouth?

I don't exercise. I should. I could make time for it. I just haven't. There are two medicine balls that live in my bedroom. They look pretty on the floor. One green ball and one blue - 6 and 8 pounds. Somewhere there's also two little red 2-pound balls. Not quite so sure if Kaden hid them some place and not quite concerned enough to go look for them.

My little man will be 2 years old next week. I am currently 45 pounds lighter than my heaviest pregnancy weight. Gaining 30 pounds during my pregnancy, I am also 15 pounds lighter than when I found out I was pregnant with Kaden. Yay me.

I have no clue what has possessed me this week but a devilish thought has poisoned my mind: I want to run a marathon. *Blink-blink* Did I really just think that? Yep. Did I really mean that? I think so. The big problem I see with this is that I'm scared I won't be able to follow through with it and that I hate running.

I'd really like to be able to do this and I think it may be achievable. I obviously need to build up some kind of endurance. We hang out a lot with my neighbors and their family. My neighbor's sister-in-law is a sweetheart of a girl and she runs marathons and has been doing it for a few years. She told me about the "Couch to 5 K" program that (in theory) coaches you in 8 or 9 weeks from a lot of walking and a little jogging to 30 minutes of jogging straight.

Another challenge I'm going to face is to find the time to workout. Four nights out of the week I only get to see Ryan for 2 1/2 hours. By the time he leaves for work, the daycare center at the gym is closed.

We'll see if this is a fleeting thought or if I can at least start doing some kind of long distance walking. I'll be attending the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 1 mile walk this Saturday with Kaden and my mother-in-law Terri. There's a two mile run scheduled the week before Thanksgiving to look forward to and a new running store that should be openning within the next few weeks. Here's to the start of my Bucket List.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

oho! a marathon!! Want a training partner? We could do a long distance relationship? Maybe?

BEK said...

Kaden will be 2!!!! I can't believe it! Best of luck on the marathon training!