Monday, June 22, 2009

Grounded

I'm sure everyone makes a mental grocery list of things they need to buy when they go to the grocery store.  Light bulbs, toilet paper, milk, eggs, etc.  I have a problem of taking things off the list after I've purchased them.  Not only do I buy them once, but I sometimes have two or three extras on hand.  Right now I'm grounded from buying Italian Dressing.  I ran to the store to get milk and "remembered" that I needed dressing only to come home and find that I now have a total of 5 bottles!  In all fairness one bottle has about a 1/4 inch of dressing left so that's just a little more than 4 bottles.

Other things I have been grounded from buying:
  • Rice (Ryan found 2 or 3 opened bags and 1 unopened)
  • Zip lock bags (hard to say no to a good deal when buying in bulk)
  • Cereal
  • Peanut butter
  • Tea (I went through a tea phase and had several different flavors)

2 comments:

BEK said...

I know what you mean! I am trying to make sure we are very diligent in our list and grocery buying so as not to toss or pack extras in our move!

Jenn said...

oh I am the exact opposite- if we have kleenex that counts as toilet paper and we don't have to go to the store quite yet. Ha!