Sunday, September 23, 2007

Adventures in Sushi: Part 2

Ryan and I made sushi last week and I now have even greater respect for the sushi masters.   
Here's our attempt at Spicy Tuna and California rolls.


The sushi wasn't bad.  The California roll was pretty darn close to what they actually taste like (crab sticks, avocado, cucumber, mayo).  The Spicy Tuna was close in look and content.  The spicy mayo that we picked up didn't have quite the taste that the professionals have, so that didn't impress us too much.

Overall I'd have to say that this was a good experience.  We started at 6:30 and we started eating at 8:00! That's too much time for me to wait to eat sushi.  The rice was very sticky and the nori (seaweed) was a little difficult to cut through without mutilating the sushi roll.  If I want sushi again, I'll just order take out!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Maybe you need some space knives or something! One of those from TV where they cut a shoe! I still want to try this!

Jen and Ryan said...

A knive that cuts shoes? That would be very dangerous in my house since Ryan likes to fix things!