Monday, December 27, 2010

Not A Very Merry Christmas

So I think my family got the shaft for Christmas. (Don't get me wrong - I know this is a heck of a way to post a blog update in nearly three months but let's just say I got lost and didn't feel like asking for directions. I promise perkier updates later.)

I was all pumped up for my 11 days off from work (mandatory) vacation. 6 of those days I would be able to spend with my husband - time which doesn't come very often. We spend some time visiting with my sister Amanda and her husband Kurtis who drove up from Oklahoma Christmas Eve. We spent Christmas morning with just Kaden, Ryan and myself opening gifts, then off to Ryan's dad's house followed by dinner with my parents.

Sounds awesome? Yes, except for the fact that I've had a "wonderful" stomach flu since Christmas Eve that prevents me from keeping anything in. I hate the bathroom right now. Going on three days straight of this crap, on top of the fact that Ryan seems to be catching the same stuff totally sucks. Where's the rule that at least one parent is supposed to stay healthy when there is a small child in the house? This is so not the way I wanted to spend my vacation.

No comments: