Monday, February 22, 2010

What a horrible mother!

It finally happened today. Kaden went to daycare as usual. I picked him up as usual. We came home and ate dinner with Ryan. Kaden decided that he'd had a long day and started hitting.

He got his hand smacked a few times. That didn't stop him. More hits and he got his bottom swatted. That still didn't stop him. More hits and he got a time out on the steps. Out comes the lower lip, quivering in his signature pout. After his time out, I squatted down and asked for a hug.

What do I get? You guessed it. One more hit. Kaden got a warning that if he hit one more time that he would go to bed early. This all happened before Ryan left for work and 40 minutes before bedtime.

If you hadn't already guessed it, Kaden tried to hit one more time. So horrible mommy let Kaden say goodnight to daddy, brought him upstairs, changed his diaper and put him to bed. Poor little guy passed out within 2 minutes. I have a bad feeling that I'll be up super early tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Lauren went through that phase at about that age! I still laugh when I think about her advancing toward me all menacing with her fist up. I would say, NO HITTING! and she would look all confused, like how did she figure out my secret plan? It didn't last long for Lauren if that helps you stand it! Maybe a couple of weeks and then she quit trying!