Sunday, July 29, 2007

Tech Call

I work in the technology field, so it irritates the crap out of me when I have to make a call to the Help Desk to get help. Here's an exert from my most recent call:

After being on hold for 20 minutes, someone finally picks up the call ...

Me: Hello? My computer takes too long to turn on.
Tech guy: How long does it take?
Me: About two or three minutes. That's not really normal is it?
Tech guy: Well, lets try some stuff.
(30 minutes later)
Tech guy: So, your Anti-virus software is causing the problem. My suggestion is to turn it off and only start the Anti-virus when you connect to the internet.
Me: Well, I have cable, so my internet is always on.
Tech guy: Oh! Then I strongly suggest that you turn on the Anti-virus now!
Me: Ok. Thanks for that hour of my life I just wasted.

No comments: